Land Design Pros is a company dedicated to saving you money by correcting your flood zone, eliminating costly flood insurance premiums, and assisting you with a refund of the flood insurance premiums you have paid unnecessarily. Since 1992 we have provided our services nationwide to homeowners, commercial property owners, property managers, homeowners associations, condominium associations, insurance agents, and real estate professionals.
Annually there are millions of dollars spent on flood insurance premiums on property that has never flooded, will never flood, and has never produced a claim against the premiums paid. This is because the property has been placed in a Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). The owners are then required to carry flood insurance by their mortgage companies. These premiums subsidize properties that are truly in danger of flooding but do not pay premiums accordingly since your premiums contribute to the flood insurance system! Did you know that 60 percent of flood zones reviewed are found to be wrong? Take a few minutes to explore this site in detail and find out what you can do about this enormous waste of money.
Flood Risk Solutions and Remedies
There are several ways to reduce flood risk and lower your flood insurance premium. Land Design Pros analyzes your specific situation to determine which remedies would work best for your property.
Preliminary Property Analysis includes the following:
- Preliminary Map Research
- Current FEMA Flood Map & any other available records
- Aerial Image(s)
- FEMA Map overlay of Aerial Image(s)
- Current Flood Zone Designation and Definition
- Expert Analysis, any Solutions/Remedies & other Recommendations
Removal from a Special Flood Hazard Area
The following provides an overview of the process Land Design Pros uses for removal from a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- Obtain property information
- Perform a Preliminary Property Analysis, Report & Recommendations – order below
- Single Family Home Report – $50 and is ready in one week or less
- Non-Single Family Building Report – $100 and is ready in one week or less
- Determine the potential for a reclassification or removal
- Prepare an Elevation Certificate
- Design additional remedies if requested by the client
- Prepare the Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA), Letter of Map Removal – Flood (LOMR-F), etc.